Higher education talent management trends revealed
The 2018 TalentIndex: Higher Education Benchmark Report from the PowerSchool Education Research Forum delivers insights into the most impactful higher education talent management trends, benchmarks and challenges, including:
- Time-to-fill is 10 days longer for faculty positions than staff.
- More than 50% of higher education professionals say reporting, analyzing, or using data is difficult — which limits their ability to make data-based organizational changes.
- Faculty recruitment is the No. 1 talent management priority, though the average number of faculty applications per job posting has decreased everywhere except public universities.
These and dozens of other data points are available in the report and useful for higher education leaders who are interested in:
- Whether other colleges and universities plan to increase staff and/or faculty levels.
- Benchmarking institutional performance.
- Identifying the biggest barriers to success.